Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Well, Twitter-dee-dee...




OK, so I can't help thinking of Scarlett O'Hara's famous "Fiddle-dee-dee" line while I'm trying to figure out the whole Twitter thing.

I resisted it for the longest time. I really didn't want to be a Twit. Or a Twitterer. Or whatever they call themselves.

Then I signed up a few months ago and did exactly nothing with it. Then I went to the NAPO (National Association of Professional Organizers) conference a couple of weeks ago and felt totally out of the loop! All the Twitterers seemed to be having so much fun.

OK, back at home and trying again. I've got a few followers. I'm following a few people. We'll see if it snowballs as people keep telling me it will. Or if I discover I am not really cut out to be a Twit. Twitterer. Whatever.

Why do you Tweet?

2 comments:

Kristen from CPES said...

hey Lauri - I became a Twit on Monday of this week! I wanted to see what it was. I have 2 followers (one of whom is my sister, one of whom is a stranger!) but I haven't twitted yet. Tweeted. I'll follow you ;)

Lauri said...

OK, I have to confess that I de-Twitted myself last week. I just couldn't get into the swing of it! All the random followers and tweets. Just to much for my brain to wrap around and my inbox to keep up with! I guess I'm hopelessly untweetable. That's OK. Hope you have more success!