Friday, April 17, 2009

Here Comes the Sun


Ah, sunshine! I can't decide if being sick during yucky, gray days is better than being sick during gorgeous, sunny days. I had to take being sick during the yucky, gray days earlier this week. I do know that it made me really appreciate feeling well and able to enjoy beautiful days.

BTW, I can't believe I'm already acclimatized to Northern Virginia weather. I'd still be wearing sweaters (and truth be told, maybe even a coat!) in Austin on days like yesterday - a heretofore "chilly" 68 degrees! Instead, I was shucking off my jean jacket and going around in my short-sleeved shirt with my car windows down. I never noticed how many beds of tulips there are around Vienna. Nice.

John rode his bike to work today. That's a sure sign he's got the spring fever bug, too. And Mimi is so happy to be going coatless the last day or two. I'm relishing these precious few weeks between having to bundle your kids up and having to coat them in sunscreen on a daily basis. I think it's the easiest getting-the-kids-out-the-door time of the year!

Tomorrow looks like another winner, weather-wise. I think I'll spend a bit of my day out in the backyard doing a little shed decluttering.

If you have a patio, deck or shed that needs a little spring TLC, why don't you turn on some tunes, put on your hat and gloves, set a timer for 30 minutes and see what you can get done!


No comments: